Coronavirus: Premier League Brighton's drive-in test stadium
Critical key workers can head to the Amex Stadium for a coronavirus test by appointment only.
Brighton and Hove Albion's Amex Stadium has been converted into a drive-in coronavirus testing site.
Brighton's Covid-19 test stadium drive-in
The home of the Premier League club is one of 32 testing sites opened in the United Kingdom and the biggest on the south coast.
Swab tests can be taken by appointment only for critical key workers, starting with frontline NHS staff.
👇 The Amex has been converted into the south coast’s biggest drive-in coronavirus testing centre, as the club strengthens its commitment to assist the NHS and other key workers during the current coronavirus pandemic.#BHAFC 🔵⚪️— Brighton & Hove Albion (at 🏡) (@OfficialBHAFC) April 19, 2020
Seagulls chief executive Paul Barber said: "It has been amazing to see the Department of Health and Social Care, who are overseeing the set-up of these vital test centres, working alongside the army, club staff, AAA security and the team from our stadium and the club's catering partners Sodexo, whose staff are helping to run the site.
"It is hugely impressive, and a great triumph of both teamwork and hard work. The Amex will be the biggest testing site anywhere on the south coast, and will be used for self-testing and assisted testing.
"The members of our club and Sodexo staff who will be on site day to day have all been trained; and the level of attention to detail is phenomenal. And, having visited the site today, the team spirit was truly humbling."
The Premier League season has been suspended indefinitely amid the Covid-19 crisis.
Te recomendamos en English
- Square Enix's E3 2021 conference live updates: games, announcements, trailers
- E3 2021 Microsoft's Xbox and Bethesda conference at E3 2021 recap: games, announcements, trailers
- Euro 2020 Denmark team doctor: Eriksen was 'gone' after suffering cardiac arrest
- E3 2021 After missing E3 2021, will Sony (PlayStation) have a State of Play in the summer? When?
- EURO 2020 | GROUP F France vs Germany: Mbappé explains Giroud annoyance
- EURO 2020 France vs Germany: Benzema and Griezmann get green light