Djokovic view on vaccines could force career decision
World number one Novak Djokovic said he was opposed to vaccines amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Novak Djokovic revealed he was opposed to vaccines and would be forced into a decision if it became compulsory to allow him to compete amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The ATP Tour is suspended until at least July 13 due to COVID-19, while Wimbledon was cancelled for the first time since World War II.
Due to travel restrictions around the world, tennis may be one of the last sports to resume, if it is even able to restart in 2020.
Djokovic, the 17-time grand slam champion and world number one, said he was against vaccines and would be forced into a decision if it became compulsory for travel.
"Personally, I'm not for vaccines and I wouldn't like it if I'm forced to have a vaccine so I can travel," he said during a Facebook chat with fellow Serbian athletes on Sunday.
@DjokerNole is going ALL IN to help feed those in need! Novak is giving YOU the chance to join him for a full US Open Weekend Experience! Visit https://t.co/K1pgbCC7Jm to learn more and help raise tens of millions of dollars to combat food insecurity. #ALLInChallenge pic.twitter.com/zkIpxj9Dhk— Fanatics (@Fanatics) April 18, 2020
"If they make it compulsory, what would happen? Then I will have to decide if I'm going to or not.
"I have my own thoughts about it now and if that will change, I don't know, but that directly impacts on my job – on professional tennis – and whether I'll travel or not travel."
Medical experts have suggested a vaccine for coronavirus could be at least 12 months away.
There have been more than 2.4 million confirmed cases of coronavirus with the death toll exceeding 165,000.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Neymar in high spirits in individual training at PSG
- MLB MLB spring training: who's playing this weekend and how to watch
- NFL Could Mac Jones be the quarterback of the future with the New England Patriots?
- US News Why has Biden ordered military action in Syria?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?