Zlatan's LA Galaxy rant: "$300m and every day is my birthday"
Joao Pedro played with Zlatan Ibrahimovic at LA Galaxy and remembers a particular telling off the players received from the Swede.
Former Barcelona, Milan, PSG and Juventus forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic pointed to his wealth and used a light-hearted death threat to give fellow LA Galaxy players a dressing down during his time in MLS, according to his former team-mate João Pedro.
Milan striker Ibrahimovic spent two years with the Galaxy and broke their single-season scoring record when he notched 30 times in the 2019 regular season.
He helped guide the team into the MLS Cup Playoffs that year, but they lost in the first round to Minnesota United and the former Sweden international opted against renewing his contract.
Ibrahimovic famously claimed "nobody will remember what MLS is" following his departure, and Joao Pedro has revealed the details of when the outspoken veteran rebuked the rest of the squad for throwing away a win against Houston Dynamo.
Zlatan: "I have $300m in my account an an island"
João Pedro told Diario Record: "[He said:] 'If you are going to come here to go to the beach, take a walk in Hollywood, just say so, but tell me now.
"I have 300 million in my bank account, an island, I don't need this at all. I'll kill the first person to open their mouth.'"
João Pedro, who joined Tondela on loan from the Galaxy in January, offered up another story where Ibrahimovic's personality seemingly rubbed him up the wrong way.
He said: "We were just about to have an 11-against-11 kickabout and someone asked, 'Who is kicking off?'
"The assistant coach said: 'Joao Pedro, because it is his birthday today.' Ibrahimovic turned and said: 'Every day is my birthday, give me the ball.' And he laughed."
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?