Real Madrid study playing remaining home games at Estadio Alfredo di Stéfano
Real Madrid are looking at playing their remaining home fixtures at the club's training ground stadium, which would allow reconstruction work to accelerate at the Bernabéu.
Real Madrid are currently studying the possibility of the first team playing their remaining home fixtures at the Alfredo di Stéfano stadium at the club’s Valdebebas training ground, if LaLiga announces, as is expected, that the rest of the 2019/20 will be played behind closed doors.
Such a move would allow the reconstruction of the Santiago Bernabéu to continue after work on the stadium had been suspended for two weeks as part of Spanish government lockdown measures taken to curb the spread of coronavirus pandemic.
If Madrid finally decides to play at the Valdebebas stadium, which is normally used to host Castilla’s home games, it could potentially shorten the time it takes to carry out the works on the Bernabéu's new roof, while also achieve considerable financial savings from the costs associated with adapting the facilities before each match day.
Real Madrid’s six remaining home games
Zinedine Zidane’s men still have six league games pending at home, against Eibar, Valencia, Mallorca, Getafe, Alavés and Villarreal.
Los Blancos could also potentially have two more home fixtures in the Champions League should they manage to overturn Manchester City in the second of the last 16 tie at the Etihad after a 2-1 defeat in the first leg at the Bernabéu.
Of course, UEFA would have to approve Madrid’s change of stadium, which should not be a problem considering it has done so for other clubs in the past.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami will allow fans to attend match against Orlando City
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Latest News USA When does daylight saving time end in the USA and when do the clocks go back?
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why is McConnell advising against the deal?
- Football Raja Casablanca petition CAF to postpone Zamalek match