Real Madrid study playing remaining home games at Estadio Alfredo di Stéfano
Real Madrid are looking at playing their remaining home fixtures at the club's training ground stadium, which would allow reconstruction work to accelerate at the Bernabéu.
Real Madrid are currently studying the possibility of the first team playing their remaining home fixtures at the Alfredo di Stéfano stadium at the club’s Valdebebas training ground, if LaLiga announces, as is expected, that the rest of the 2019/20 will be played behind closed doors.
Such a move would allow the reconstruction of the Santiago Bernabéu to continue after work on the stadium had been suspended for two weeks as part of Spanish government lockdown measures taken to curb the spread of coronavirus pandemic.
If Madrid finally decides to play at the Valdebebas stadium, which is normally used to host Castilla’s home games, it could potentially shorten the time it takes to carry out the works on the Bernabéu's new roof, while also achieve considerable financial savings from the costs associated with adapting the facilities before each match day.
Real Madrid’s six remaining home games
Zinedine Zidane’s men still have six league games pending at home, against Eibar, Valencia, Mallorca, Getafe, Alavés and Villarreal.
Los Blancos could also potentially have two more home fixtures in the Champions League should they manage to overturn Manchester City in the second of the last 16 tie at the Etihad after a 2-1 defeat in the first leg at the Bernabéu.
Of course, UEFA would have to approve Madrid’s change of stadium, which should not be a problem considering it has done so for other clubs in the past.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?