Coronavirus: Lukaku says 23 Inter players were sick in January
"Srkiniar almost fainted," said Lukaku on Instagram. "Everyone was coughing and had fever." The Belgian reveals Inter Milan's illness at beginning of Covid-19.
Inter Milan striker, Romelu Lukaku, revealed in a chat with Kat Kerkhofs on Instagram that almost the entire Serie A side were sick in January with coronavirus symptoms. The Belgian spoke to the presenter along with his compatriot Dries Mertens when he revealed the extend of the illness.
"23 of 25 players from Inter were sick with coughs and fever at the start of the year," he said. "But we did tests for coronavirus and despite that Skriniar almost fainted and he had to be subbed off during a game." Lukaku insinuated that there were positive coronavirus tests results.
It was the game between Inter and Cagliari that Lukaku focused on and that is the game when Skriniar had to be taken off after 17 minutes. "We had a week free in January and we returned to work with 23 of the 25 players sick," he said. "I'm not joking."
"Everyone was coughing and had fever," he continued. "When we were warming up, I felt warmer than usual. I hadn't suffered from fever in years."
"After the game we had a dinner planned with the sponsor, Puma, but I couldn't go. I went straight home to bed. I never did a test at the time and we never knew for sure [if we had it]," he said.
Live coverage of the coronavirus pandemic
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How do NFL players get paid? per game or per week?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 stimulus check in California: who qualifies and how to track
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax deadline, stimulus calculator | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: Will you get a $1,400 payment, and when?
- Entertainment CoD Black Ops & Warzone Season 2 new content: map, weapon, outbreak
- LOTTERY How much do you get if you have 1, 2 or 3 Powerball numbers?