Roberto Carlos on his famous goal against France
The Brazilian also spoke about his move to Real Madrid when he scored seven goals in seven games for Inter Milan before linking up with the LaLiga side.
Roberto Carlos spoke to FIFA on Instagram and dicussed the hardest striker he ever faced along with several other topics during lockdown.
Most difficult forward: "Eto'o, Joaquín... But the most difficult was Figo. He was really annoying. He was an excellent player."
Most special goal: "The goal in the Clásico was the most special but the one that marks my career was the one against France. Sometimes, they ask me about this goal, the ball didn't weigh much, the player helped me and I struck it at goal."
Clásico: "To play in a Clásico and to score a goal is very special."
Neymar: "Neymar is good, he's happy, scoring goals, being humble at PSG is what I want to see and in the future at the World Cup, he can be the best player in the world."
Neymar's development: "Neymar is a genius and there are people who look after his life. Since he was 13 until 27, I was very controlled. The structure at Real Madrid helps you to play just football. You have to be very concentrated to play football."
Playing on the wing for Inter: "I played on the wing. The problem is that in the first seven games, I scored seven goals. They went to put me up front in Italy in 1995 and I suffered a lot because of it. I spoke with Moratti and I said to him that I couldn't keep playing up front because in three months, I had the Copa America and that day I had a meeting Lorenzo Sanz and in ten minutes, I left and I came to Madrid. In that time, things were done very quickly."
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Nintendo Direct conference & Treehouse at E3 2021: times, stream online, and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Coronavirus US: Pfizer vs Moderna vaccine side effects
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why are Olympics named like that? Origin and meaning
- US News IRS delays: Is identity theft delaying stimulus checks and tax refunds?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?