ARGENTINA | MARADONA
Italia '90 ref: "I could have sent Maradona off before the game"
The match official for the 1990 World Cup final Edgardo Codesal added: "Maradona is one of the least desirable people I've known in my life".
Former referee Edgardo Codesal who officiated the Italia 1990 World Cup final between Germany and Argentina spoke to Uruguayan network 'Tirando Paredes' to reminiscence on his experience on overseeing the World Cup final.
Regarding Diego Maradona's behaviour Codesal claimed: "I could have sent him off before the game started as he was swearing profusely during the national anthem. Later when I decided to send-off Monzón, Maradona approached me and claimed I was a thief and on the FIFA pay-roll."
The Montevideo born former official added: "I saw Maradona do some remarkable things on the pitch and also saw that his knee had ballooned from aggressive tackling. As a player he was the best but as a person he was an unpleasant person and one of the worst I've gotten to know in my life".
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit not sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- OLYMPICS 2021 | ATHLETICS Seahawks' DK Metcalf impresses in 100m but misses Olympics
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?