Mourinho picks Ronaldo as the greatest player of all time
Jose Mourinho has given his verdict over who he believes is the best to have ever graced a football pitch, and some were surprised by the Spurs manager's view.
Tottenham coach José Mourinho spoke with LiveScore in was asked who he believed was the best footballer of all time. With many observers these days, especially younger ones, expecting his response to be one of either Cristiano Ronaldo, whom he managed at Real Madrid, and LaLiga rival, Lionel Messi, instead he chose another former star of both Los Blancos and Barcelona.
Ronaldo the best for Mourinho
"Ronaldo [Nazario], ‘El Fenomeno’," he declared. "Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi have had longer careers, they have remained at the top every day for 15 years.
'However, if we are talking strictly about talent and skill, nobody surpasses Ronaldo. When he was at Barcelona with Bobby Robson, I realised that he was the best player I'd ever seen take to the field.
'Injuries killed a career that could have been even more incredible, but the talent that that 19-year-old boy had was something incredible.'
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS How much unemployment benefits will I get in New York?
- Coronavirus Are vaccines for covid-19 safe in the long term?
- US NEWS How do I certify for weekly unemployment benefits in New York?
- US News How do I know if my unemployment claim was approved in New York?
- BOXING Mike Tyson weighs in on Logan Paul Floyd Mayweather fight
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $1,100 Golden State stimulus in California eligibility: who qualifies for it?