Robben ponders coming out of retirement
The Dutch winger says he has an itch to return to football but says nothing will be decided until football returns to normal during the coronavirus.
Arjen Robben retired from football last year after a wildly successful career than spanned two decades. The winger finished his career at Bayern Munich and is considered one of the best wide-men in football's history.
According to the Dutchman, he is considering un-hanging up his boots. The 36-year-old told the FC Bayern Podcast that he is thinking about returning to the field but doesn't give too much else away.
"At the start, I didn't miss football at all," he said. "But after a while I had a little itch again and thoughts like: 'Ey, maybe I would like to return again."
Robben says he is not going to do anything about the itch just yet and certainly not until football returns to normal. "Every now and again, I have that feeling. With this virus, it's a weird moment for everyone and when football returns to normal, we will see. But maybe it's something that will always be there. I am an athlete."
Te recomendamos en English
- Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid Mount on Chelsea win over Real Madrid: We should've had five!
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the fourth stimulus check be approved? Can it still happen in May?
- BOXING What is Logan Paul's boxing record?
- BOXING What is Floyd Mayweather's boxing record?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES US supports waiving vaccine patents: what does it mean and how will it affect the pandemic?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: when will the monthly payments begin?