Tension at PSG as players refuse to take salary cut
French sports outlet L'Equipe report that negotiations between the club and the players has been tense and reached a stalemate with no agreement as yet.
French outlet L'Equipe report on how certain members of the current Paris Saint-Germain squad refuse to accept a salary cut with negotiations ongoing between Leonardo (on behalf of the club) with Thiago Silva and Marquinhos representing the interests of the players.
With today's news that no football can be played in France until September, PSG could be on track to lose up to 215 million euro with the Ligue 1 club paying roughly 50% of their 671 million euro annual budget on wages as the club look for the likes of Mbappé or Neymar to accept a drop to 70% in their monthly wage.
Club president Nasser Al-Khelaïfi is set to personally get involved in the negotiation process with some of the bigger names at the Parisian outfit in a bid to reach a mutually suitable conclusion with the news that no return to activity will happen until September. A decision has yet top be taken as to the final outcome to the season with PSG 12 points clear at the top of the table when the Covid-19 pandemic called a halt to European football.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX SEASON When does the IRS start accepting tax returns from filers in 2021? dates and deadlines
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?
- NETFLIX What movies and series are coming and leaving Netflix in February 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Timo Werner and other tasks on Chelsea boss Tuchel's to-do list