Sergio Ramos wants to return for a title, but says we must all wait
The Real Madrid captain spoke during his initiative for UNICEF, and explained why we must now focus our attention on the health workers.
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos hosted ‘Ramos UNICEF Day’ on Tuesday as he linked up with Fabio Cannavaro and teammate Luka Modric. The aim of the initiative was to raise money for medical supplies in the ongoing battle against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Ramos says we must give scientists time
Much of the focus was on the Unicef project but more specifically on the current health crisis Ramos said that there was much to be learned from China, where Cannavaro manages Guangzhou Evergrande.
"They have suffered and they are ahead of us,” he said about those in the country where tis disease began. "We have much to learn from China.”
Changing focus to Spain, he stated, “We have to help our heroes, those who are the healthcare workers.
"We have struggled a lot too but it is not over yet. We have created this day to continue the donations. Everything raised goes towards the purchase of equipment."
"We are in a privileged position and we must put ourselves in the shoes of those who are still working and send them a hug. We will overcome this together.
"We can't think that everything has already been achieved yet, the seriousness of the matter is still with us. We have to comply with the guidelines in order to end this virus and give scientists the time to find a vaccine."
"Everyone's health is not going to be put at risk. I am looking forward to playing again, returning to compete, playing in LaLiga and the Champions League. I am hungry to end the season with a title, but first we have to wait for the people who know about all of this to make the appropriate decisions."
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA 76ers vs Pacers live online: scores, stats, highlights, updates...
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?