Timo Werner to snub Bayern Munich for Liverpool and Klopp
Bayern Munich are used to getting their way with transfer targets but the Leipzig striker wants to link up with his compatriot Jürgen Klopp at Anfield.
Timo Werner is likely to be one of the main transfer stories of the summer with the RB Leipzig and Germany striker a target for Bayern Munich, Barcelona and several other clubs.
Werner has spent four seasons at Leipzig after moving from Stuttgart and has banged in 88 goals in 150 apperances for the Bundesliga club. That has naturally attracted the interest of Bayern, who are no strangers to mining the best talent in their domestic league, but Werner has other ideas.
Werner sets his sights on Klopp and Liverpool
Our Story: Timo Werner will definitely not join Bayern this summer. @BILD_Sport He rules out a Transfer to another German club. also because of Jürgen Klopp he would like to take the step to Liverpool @LFC— Christian Falk (@cfbayern) April 29, 2020
Timo Werner is not interested in joining Bayern Munich as the RB Leipzig star wants to team up with Jürgen Klopp at Liverpool, according to BILD.
Werner is wanted by Bundesliga champions Bayern, who have targeted the Germany international previously.
But Werner – also linked to Barcelona, Manchester United and Inter – is prioritising a Liverpool transfer.
Milan join the chase for Madrid target Camavinga
- United have offered Jadon Sancho the famous number seven jersey as they try to prise the Borussia Dortmund sensation to Old Trafford, reports The Mirror. Chelsea, Liverpool and Real Madrid have also been linked to the England international.
- Calciomercato says Juventus and Barça are continuing to negotiate a deal that would see Miralem Pjanic and Arthur swap clubs.
- Barça and Manchester City are in advanced talks over a swap deal. SPORT says the two clubs are close to reaching an agreement that would see Nelson Semedo join City, with João Cancelo moving in the opposite direction.
- Milan are dreaming of signing Brescia star Sandro Tonali, according to Calciomercato. With Lucas Biglia and Giacomo Bonaventura set to leave, the Rossoneri are eyeing Tonali – who has been linked to the likes of Barça, United, City, Juve and Inter. Rennes midfielder and Madrid target Eduardo Camavinga and Arsenal's Lucas Torreira are also on the list.
- Will Lautaro Martínez make the move to Barca? SportMediaset claims Inter want €90million plus two players – Arturo Vidal permanently and Antoine Griezmann on loan.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane