Barcelona: Messi will have no trouble renewing contract - Laporta
Former Barcelona president Joan Laporta believes Barcelona star Lionel Messi's contract renewal won't be a problem.
Barcelona star Lionel Messi will "have no trouble" signing an extended contract at the Camp Nou, says the club's former president Joan Laporta.
Messi's future at Barça has been a talking point amid turmoil at the club, where he is contracted until 2021.
The Argentina international can leave the LaLiga giants for free at the end of any season, sparking even further speculation over his future.
Laporta expected to run again for Barcelona presidency
But former Barça president Laporta, who is expected to run again next year, said it would be easy for Messi to re-sign.
"[Messi] will have no trouble renewing his contract," he told Deportes Cuatro on Wednesday.
Laporta "would bring Neymar back for sure"
A player linked with a reunion with Messi at Barcelona is Neymar, who left the club for Paris Saint-Germain in 2017.
Laporta said he would bring the Brazil international back to Camp Nou, where he starred for four seasons before his departure.
"They were not clear with him," he said. "I would bring him back for sure."
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?