Barcelona: Messi will have no trouble renewing contract - Laporta
Former Barcelona president Joan Laporta believes Barcelona star Lionel Messi's contract renewal won't be a problem.
Barcelona star Lionel Messi will "have no trouble" signing an extended contract at the Camp Nou, says the club's former president Joan Laporta.
Messi's future at Barça has been a talking point amid turmoil at the club, where he is contracted until 2021.
The Argentina international can leave the LaLiga giants for free at the end of any season, sparking even further speculation over his future.
Laporta expected to run again for Barcelona presidency
But former Barça president Laporta, who is expected to run again next year, said it would be easy for Messi to re-sign.
"[Messi] will have no trouble renewing his contract," he told Deportes Cuatro on Wednesday.
Laporta "would bring Neymar back for sure"
A player linked with a reunion with Messi at Barcelona is Neymar, who left the club for Paris Saint-Germain in 2017.
Laporta said he would bring the Brazil international back to Camp Nou, where he starred for four seasons before his departure.
"They were not clear with him," he said. "I would bring him back for sure."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest