Retiring at Real Madrid would be Lucas Vázquez's ultimate dream
If he does end up leaving Madrid, a Premier League switch would appeal to the winger: "It's a very attractive league, one that could fit my characteristics and personality well".
Lucas Vázquez dreams of retiring at Real Madrid - something which very few players manage to achieve in their careers. If that does't turn out to be possible, he thinks he could adapt well to the Premier League. Save for a season on loan at Espanyol, Vázquez has spent his entire professional career at Madrid.
A move to England appeals to Lucas Vázquez
The winger will be out of contract at the end of next season but wants to remain a one-club man, as he told Sid Lowe at The Guardian: "The dream is to retire at Madrid but in football you don't know. When I was little, I always watched the Premier League with my brother. It was, it is, very attractive: a nice football to play, one that could fit my characteristics and personality well."
LaLiga remains suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic but a return appears to be edging closer, with players allowed to resume training this month. Madrid trailed LaLiga leaders Barcelona by two points when the season was brought to a halt.
"Above all, you have to be responsible. If we can play, with the right safety measures, we'd all love to complete the season," Vázquez added. "It would be good for people, for society: for two hours you're not just thinking only about this [virus]. Football brings happiness."
Football to return behind closed doors in Spain
Asked about the prospect of playing in empty stadiums without fans, Vázquez replied: "I've played behind closed doors and it was strange. Being able to communicate, hearing everything, is odd. If the manager is on one wing and I'm on the other, he's got to express with gestures or I haven't got a clue. You can always blame the noise when you don't do what he says. Just not if it's empty."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in November?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barret, cases, deaths, updates today
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Early voting in NYC: dates, how to vote and where to find locations near me
- GAMING NEWS Pokémon GO A Spooky Message Unmasked: all research tasks and rewards from Halloween event
- BRAZIL Ronaldinho tests positive for coronavirus
- Covid-19 Economic Crisis Unemployment benefits NY: why was New York denied an extra $300?