Mbappé will break the mould of the Galáctico
The French player is wanted by Real Madrid and while they want to buy him in 2021, Leonardo would prefer to let him walk for free in 2022.
It's the worst kept secret in football: Real Madrid want Kylian Mbappé as their next big signing. The man in charge of bringing him to the Bernabéu is Florentino Pérez. The Madrid president is an expert in signing galacticos having signed 9 in the past. Mbappé would be the 10th and the one that breaks the mould too. Due to the pandemic, Madrid will be forced to wait a season for the French star.
If he does end up putting on the Real Madrid jersey, he will become the youngest and the most expensive galactico under Florentino Pérez. He brought in four of them during his first spell, all of them over 25 and for a maximum of €72 million. The second time around, he has signed five more with James being the youngest at 23 and Bale being the most expensive at €101 million. As we await Hazard's bonus payments, he could become the most expensive.
LOS GALÁCTICOS DE FLORENTINO PÉREZ
In total, the president of the club has splashed €646 million on star players. €71.77 million on average for each. The average age has been just over 26. If Mbappé arrives in 2022, he will be the youngest at 22 and for a heftier price than any of those who came before him. It is unknown just how much yet but it will be more than €100 million.
Everything depends on how badly the market effects bank balances. AS understand that Leonardo, PSG's sporting director, would prefer to let him walk for free in 2022 if he doesn't renew than sell him in 2021.
Te recomendamos en English
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- THE SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: fan groups call out club greed
- OSCARS 2021 What 2021 Oscar Nominees are available on what streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video)?
- SUPER LEAGUE Super League? But what happens with the Champions League?
- NBA Nets to determine severity of Durant injury after defeat to Heat
- Gun violence Texas shooting: who is the suspect identified by the police?