Coronavirus: a masked Messi returns for Barcelona tests
The Argentine arrived at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper in his car without a mask but, as per protocol, soon had it on as the focus on a LaLiga restart continues.
FC Barcelona started their 'new normal' on Wednesday as players returned following the stoppage due to the coronavirus pandemic. The Catalan club summoned their players first thing to go through a Covid-19 PCR test, just as Real Madrid did with theirs.
Masked Messi returns
One of the players missed most around the globe during this period is Barça’s Argentinian forward Lionel Messi and he pitched up at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper in his car without a mask or gloves, unlike many others. He did, however, add a mask later, something that is compulsory at the facilities.
The Argentine footballer arrived around 09:00 local time with his teammate and friend Luis Suárez, each in their own vehicle, and left the premises 40 minutes later after taking the test. Results take a few hours.
The strike pair and the rest of the squad - at least all those who test negative - are scheduled to return to training in the coming days, with doubts still remaining as to what will happen with the resumption of the Spanish league. In France they have cancelled and handed our the awards. In Germany they are set to continue soon. Quique Setien's men lead the LaLiga table with one more point than Real Madrid, but whether they are the best side in the league has already been questioned by one notable Belgian.
Te recomendamos en English
- Man City vs Real Madrid Sterling joins Man City's 100 club with opener against Real Madrid
- Champions League Napoli must 'climb Everest' to beat Barcelona - Gattuso
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: will there be an extra weekly payment?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: How much money could you get?
- Coronavirus India: Lockdown in Kohima to be lifted tomorrow
- Social Media What is Instagram Reels, the new TikTok competitor