Barcelona confirm return to individual training on Friday
Ahead of a potential June restart of LaLiga, Barcelona's players are returning for individual training on Friday.
Barcelona's players will return to individual training on Friday in line with protocols laid out by LaLiga.
Teams in Spain's top flight have been returning to training sessions – albeit under strict social-distancing measures – this week after a sustained period of national lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Spain has been one of the worst-hit countries in Europe, but LaLiga confirmed it is aiming to restart the season in June.
Barcelona have now announced their first-team players will return to training, with the squad divided out over three pitches in order to maintain the social-distancing requirements.
LATEST NEWS! The Barça players will return to training on Friday, and will do so individually, as stipulated by @LaLigaEN protocols.— FC Barcelona (from ) (@FCBarcelona) May 7, 2020
The players will also arrive in their training kit and head straight to their designated pitch, returning home immediately upon the conclusion of the session without entering the changing rooms.
In the initial round of testing, no-one from the FC Barcelona squad tested positive.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 25 July
- HEALTHCARE What is the Candida auris 'superbug' fungal infection spreading in the US? What are the symptoms?
- US NEWS What is critical race theory? What topics were cut under Texas’ new anti-CRT education bill?
- Concacaf Gold Cup USA vs Jamaica live: 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup Quarter-final online
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Katie Ledecky medals, swimming finals, medal count results today July 25
- Olympic Games Tokyo Olympics 2021: When does Team USA Gymnastics and Simone Biles compete? dates and times