Coronavirus: Mbappe lands Ligue 1 golden boot award
Despite tying with Wissam Ben Yedder on 18 goals, the Paris Saint-Germain forward has been named as Ligue 1's top goalscorer for 2019-20.
Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappé has been confirmed as the Ligue 1 golden boot winner for 2019-20 following the decision to end the season, beating Monaco striker Wissam Ben Yedder on a technicality involving penalties.
Last week, league officials decided to bring the campaign to a close prematurely after French authorities decreed there would be no sporting events until September due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Paris Saint-Germain were declared champions on a points-per-game basis, having been leading the top flight by 12 points from Marseille when the competition was suspended.
Mbappé was joint-leading goalscorer in the division on 18 goals, level with Monaco striker Wissam Ben Yedder.
Mbappé beats Ben Yedder on penalty decision
However, Ligue 1 confirmed via its official website on Thursday that Mbappé will be recognised as the season's top scorer as all his goals came from open play, while three of Ben Yedder's were penalties.
Mbappé's goals-per-game ratio was also superior, his 18 coming in 20 games, while Ben Yedder scored his in 25.
Lyon forward Moussa Dembélé finished third in the standings on 16 goals.
Mbappé also won the golden boot last year, scoring 33 times in 29 league games as PSG romped to the title.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Celebrating America inauguration concert & event: schedule, artists, singers & line-up
- FORTNITE Fortnite Pelé Cup: times & how to get his emote and new soccer skins for free
- MLS USMNT Henry Wingo is transferred to Ferencvaros TC
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is an EIP card and how do I get one?
- NFL SUPER BOWL 2021 Have Packers, Bills, Chiefs & Buccaneers ever been in or won a Super Bowl?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?