Coronavirus: Mbappe lands Ligue 1 golden boot award
Despite tying with Wissam Ben Yedder on 18 goals, the Paris Saint-Germain forward has been named as Ligue 1's top goalscorer for 2019-20.
Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappé has been confirmed as the Ligue 1 golden boot winner for 2019-20 following the decision to end the season, beating Monaco striker Wissam Ben Yedder on a technicality involving penalties.
Last week, league officials decided to bring the campaign to a close prematurely after French authorities decreed there would be no sporting events until September due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Paris Saint-Germain were declared champions on a points-per-game basis, having been leading the top flight by 12 points from Marseille when the competition was suspended.
Mbappé was joint-leading goalscorer in the division on 18 goals, level with Monaco striker Wissam Ben Yedder.
Mbappé beats Ben Yedder on penalty decision
However, Ligue 1 confirmed via its official website on Thursday that Mbappé will be recognised as the season's top scorer as all his goals came from open play, while three of Ben Yedder's were penalties.
Mbappé's goals-per-game ratio was also superior, his 18 coming in 20 games, while Ben Yedder scored his in 25.
Lyon forward Moussa Dembélé finished third in the standings on 16 goals.
Mbappé also won the golden boot last year, scoring 33 times in 29 league games as PSG romped to the title.
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?