Lodi tests positive, 9 other Atlético players have anti-bodies
AS report that the player showed symptoms of the virus at the start of March but did not do a test until this week. Nine other players tested negative but with anti-bodies.
Renan Lodi, Atlético Madrid's Brazilian left-back, has tested positive for coronavirus as reported by Globoesporte and confirmed by AS. According to sources close to the player, Lodi showed various symptoms of Covid-19 at the start of March and told the club, who monitored the situation for the last number of weeks.
Along with Lodi, another 9 players tested negative but had anti-bodies. The nine players who tested negative but with signs of the anti-bodies are free to train.
Atlético Madrid did tests on Wednesday and while Lodi did not present with any symptoms, the test result came back positive on Friday. The Brazilian will have to stay in quarantine for the next 10 days before doing another test and then potentially joining back up with his teammates. When that isolation period ends, he will be tested again.
Reports on Friday from Catalonia said five players had tested positive with three from the top flight and two from the second division.
Lodi believed symptoms to be the flu
Lodi believed the symptoms were caused by the flu at the start of March. Days later, he started to suffer from a problem with his breathing and lack of oxygen, which he told the club about. They sent a doctor to his house where he lives with his partner. She showed symptoms of coronavirus just a few days later.
The 22-year-old has been one of Diego Simeone's best players this season after arriving during the summer. He was selected as the man of the match against Liverpool in the first leg of the Champions League last 16 tie.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Kroos says whoever adapts quickest will win LaLiga
- MLS MLS and Players have reached a new agreement to green light the 2020 season
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: what does ‘Need More Information' on IRS Get My Payment tool mean?
- Barcelona Barcelona: Messi could miss the return of LaLiga due to injury