Arda Turan talks about move to Barcelona, Simeone's tactics
Turan bemoaned his lack of chances under Ernesto Valverde and explained how Simeone planned to beat Chelsea perfectly in the Champions League.
Arda Turan has spoken on his Instagram account of what he learned at Atlético Madrid. "I learned the tactical side of the game at Atlético," he says about his time under Diego Simeone.
"If I had moved directly from Galatasaray to Barcelona, it would have been very difficult," he said. "Every game with Atlético was hard."
"When you don't plan tactically well for a game, you start 2-0 down," he continued. "In the Champions League against Chelsea, we prepared perfectly well thanks to Simeone. He said that Hazard doesn't follow the right-back and he doesn't help defensively. Our right back, Juanfran, pushed up three times. Hazard didn't follow him. We scored 3 goals. We won the game 3-1."
Turan's failed spell at Barcelona
Turan moved from Atlético to Barcelona in 2015 but did not settle. "My agent, Ahmet Bulut, didn't tell me I had signed for Barcelona. He said I would find out 15 days after... I was thinking that I was going to Bayern because a year before, my transfer to Manchester United fell apart at the last minute. The document fell out of his bag and I saw Barcelona's logo on top of the paper. I couldn't believe it. Ahmet said, 'come here, come here, look at the documents.' I was not sad that I was going to Barcelona."
"Valverde didn't give me any minutes," he says about his time at the club. "I was the one who had given the most assists behind Messi and Suárez the year before."
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?