Koulibaly: Liverpool in pole position to sign Napoli defender
A Virgil van Dijk-Kalidou Koulibaly defensive pairing is seemingly getting closer at Liverpool, while PSG are keen to splash out on Mauro Icardi.
Kalidou Koulibaly's is widely expected to leave Napoli this summer and Liverpool are reportedly in "pole position" to sign the Senegal defender after PSG and Manchester United exited the race for the 28-year-old.
Koulibaly has been linked with a move amid reported interest from several of Europe's biggest clubs.
And it seems a Koulibaly-Virgil van Dijk central defensive pairing is getting closer at Anfield.
Liverpool favourites for Koulibaly
Liverpool are in pole position to sign Koulibaly after Paris Saint-Germain withdrew their interest, according to Le 10 Sport.
With Manchester United having also reportedly withdrawn from the race, Jürgen Klopp's side and Newcastle United – pending takeover – could land the defender.
PSG keen for Icardi stay
Arthur to Juve, Pjanic to Barca— Goal News (@GoalNews) May 9, 2020
- PSG do seemingly want to hold onto Mauro Icardi beyond the end of his loan from Inter. La Gazzetta dello Sport reports PSG are willing to offer Julian Draxler as part of a deal for Icardi, who joined with a €70m purchase option.
- Staying at PSG and the Ligue 1 giants are looking to sign Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali, according to Le 10 Sport. Tonali has been linked heavily with a move to Juventus.
- It seemed Barcelona and Juventus were preparing for a swap deal. But Goal reports an exchange involving Barca midfielder Arthur and Juventus' Miralem Pjanic is off, with the LaLiga giants also wanting money for the 23-year-old Brazil international.
- Dries Mertens is drawing plenty of attention with his contract at Napoli expiring at the end of the season. Mundo Deportivo reports PSG have joined Atletico Madrid, Inter and Chelsea in a fight for the forward.
- Also with Inter, the Serie A club are still considering forward Jonathan David, according to CalcioMercato. David, 20, has scored 23 goals in 40 games for Gent this season.
- With his loan deal at Roma ending, Chris Smalling looks set to return to Manchester United. Corriere dello Sport reports Roma are considering Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren and Barcelona's Jean-Clair Todibo, who is on loan at Schalke, to replace Smalling.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Third stimulus check: who would be eligible under Joe Biden’s proposal?
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live