Barcelona: Umtiti injured in second session of training return
Barça have confirmed that Samuel Umtiti injured his calf during the squad's second training session since being allowed to return to club facilities.
Barcelona's Samuel Umtiti suffered an injury on only the second day since the club resumed training sessions at the Ciutat Esportiva.
Umtiti has sustained injury to right calf, Barcelona say
The centre-back sustained a problem to his right calf, the LaLiga leaders confirmed in a short statement.
On Saturday, players were separated across three pitches in order to undergo sessions while maintaining social distancing.
LaLiga slated for June return from coronavirus suspension
LaLiga teams have been granted permission to use training facilities again as part of gradual steps towards the planned resumption of the competition in June.
Barça were two points clear of Real Madrid at the top of the table when the season was suspended indefinitely in March.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Kroos says whoever adapts quickest will win LaLiga
- MLS MLS and Players have reached a new agreement to green light the 2020 season
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: what does ‘Need More Information' on IRS Get My Payment tool mean?
- Barcelona Barcelona: Messi could miss the return of LaLiga due to injury