AC Milan finally confirm zero positive tests for Covid-19
After some confusion, the Italian giants have clarified that no players or coaches have returned a positive test for coronavirus.
Italian giants AC Milan have finally confirmed that no first-team player or member of the technical staff has tested positive for Covid-19.
Confusion over "some infected players" at AC Milan
There had been some confusion over the prospect of more cases of coronavirus at the Serie A club following comments from president Paolo Scaroni, who referred to "some infected players on the mend".
The remark led to some concern about unknown cases at the club, with technical director Paolo Maldini and his son Daniel having returned the only confirmed positive tests in March.
However, in a statement issued on Saturday, the club said: "AC Milan confirms that, based on all medical tests carried out to date on first-team players and technical staff, there have not been any positive cases of Covid-19.
"Players will continue their individual training program at Milanello and medical screenings will be completed for all players and staff reporting for training over the coming days."
Milan back in training
Milan players resumed individual training on Friday at Milanello, two months on from the strict lockdown measures introduced in northern Italy, with group sessions reportedly to be allowed from May 18.
The Serie A season remains suspended but clubs are committed to completing the 2019-20 campaign rather than bring it to a premature end, as has happened in France and the Netherlands.
Te recomendamos en English
- India news Indian schools and colleges remain closed but children are expected to study at home
- US EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $400 employment benefit: how long will it last?
- Haaland says Dortmund boy wonder Moukoko is 'a lot better than I was'
- World Cup 2022 Work continuing non-stop at Lusail Stadium, host of the World Cup final 2022
- BUNDESLIGA Bayern hopeful on new Alaba deal; want fair price for Thiago
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid change plan and want Dani Ceballos to return