Coronavirus: Serie A will "be stronger than ever" on return
Vincenzo Spadafora discussed the Serie A restart, which is looking to return as Germany's Bundesliga prepares to resume on May 16.
Italy's minister for sport Vincenzo Spadafora said the Serie A season will return "one step at a time" following the coronavirus outbreak.
Serie A has been postponed since March due to the Covid-19 crisis, though most teams returned to individual training this week.
Spadafora has previously reiterated that team training will not resume before May 18, despite the government allowing players to return to club facilities.
With Germany's Bundesliga set to restart its 2019-20 campaign on May 16, Spadafora said in a Facebook video on Saturday: "We will imminently learn the verdict of the scientific committee on the [Italian Football Federation] FIGC's medical protocol.
Serie A "will be stronger than ever"
"We are also ready to propose guidelines to the committee for training sessions involving all team sports and guidelines to open up facilities, including gyms, swimming pools and dance halls, that will allow all those who work in sport to resume their activities.
"Finally, we are also working with the Ministry for Education, for Equal Opportunities and Families to reopen sporting facilities, so we can guarantee a summer of sport for the youngest members of our society.
"So, one step at a time, sport will return. It'll be stronger than ever."
Defending champions Juventus were a point clear of Lazio through 26 matches at the time of postponement in March.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check update: US coronavirus relief bill
- UFC UFC 254: Emotional Khabib announces retirement after beating Gaethje
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry