Out-of-contract Thiago Silva could stay on at PSG, claims wife
Paris has been home for Brazilian defender Thiago Silva since 2012 - and the 35-year-old may not be about to say goodbye, even though his contract expires next month.
Thiago Silva would like nothing more than the chance to continue with Paris Saint-Germain - even though his contract is almost up, the defender's wife has said.
The Brazil international is out of contract at the end of next month and might have already played his last game for the club, with the top-flight campaign cancelled due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
#HealthyAtHome . Acompanho diariamente as dicas saudáveis do @DrTedros e da @who . Compartilho com vcs um pouco do meu treino diário durante a #40tena . #ThiagoSilva #TreinandoEmCasa #TreinoFuncional pic.twitter.com/RjjU65Qt4V— Thiago Silva (@tsilva3) April 16, 2020
Thiago Silva settled in Paris
Silva moved to the French capital in 2012 and has won seven league titles with PSG, although he has been unable to help the big-spending club progress beyond the quarter-finals of the Champions League. The 35-year-old's future remains unclear - there have been links with a return to former club AC Milan in Italy - but Isabelle Silva has revealed her husband may yet extend his stay in Paris.
"Thiago is very attached to PSG, the supporters and France," she told Le Parisien. "Whether the adventure continues or not at PSG, we will have to go back to Paris to see our friends again. But for us, it would be great to continue at PSG, we love the club, the city, France. This is where the children grew up, we would like to continue our careers in Paris."
Plans spoiled by coronavirus pandemic
Any possible discussions over a new deal have been placed on hold, however, with the Silva family currently in Brazil amid the global health pandemic. "For the moment, we don't know anything about it," Isabelle Silva said of negotiations. "Everything stopped because of Covid-19. We don't even know when we're going to return to Paris. We are in the shadows, like everyone else."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit not sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- OLYMPICS 2021 | ATHLETICS Seahawks' DK Metcalf impresses in 100m but misses Olympics
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?