Madrid to play games in Valdebebas and compensate season ticket holders
The club will confirm a compensation package for the final six games but fear that no home games will be staged at the Bernabéu "for quite some time".
Real Madrid will refund or compensate season ticket holders regarding the six outstanding 2019/20 LaLiga home matches after the club confirmed the decision to stage the remainder of the 'closed door' games at the Valdebebas training complex on the outskirts of the Spanish capital. It's anticipated that home games will be staged at the training centre for the foreseeable future or at least until the Spanish government grants permission for high attendance public events to take place but at present the club anticipating 'not returning to the Bernabéu until January of next year' according to club sources.
Real Madrid have six home games in LaLiga to finish the season - against Eibar, Valencia, Mallorca, Getafe, Alavés and Villarreal, all of which would be played in Valdebebas - as could the home leg of the Champions League quarter final - providing Zidane's team can turn around their Last 16 tie against Manchester City with the return leg still to play at the Etihad.
Ramos prefers Bernabéu
Club captain Sergio Ramos speaking on the 'El Partidazo' programme claimed that he'd always prefer to "play at the Bernabéu rather than Valdebebas". The inactivity at the Chamartin stadium does allow the club to carry on with ongoing remodelling work without interruption which could ultimately lead to a financial saving.
The club have been granted permission by the Spanish FA to play these final home games at Valdebebas after improving the floodlighting at the Di Stéfano which now meets the required standard for television broadcasting for LaLiga and Champions League broadcast demands, should the club progress in that competition.
A VAR technology system along with LED advertising banners have also been installed as per the requisites established by LaLiga in their global broadcast guidelines.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Spain could draw Brazil or Argentina at Tokyo Olympics
- REAL MADRID Hazard, Asensio, Vinicius: Zidane faces selection headache as Belgian nears return
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leipzig star Konaté responds to Liverpool rumours
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: how are negotiations going and when will it be discussed in the Senate?
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS tax refunds on $10,200 in unemployment benefits: when it's coming?
- US News: Coronavirus What are the maximum unemployment benefits per state?