Leo Messi donates further €500,000 to the fight against Covid-19
The Barcelona star is giving half-a-million euros to the Fundación Garrahan to help in the battle to control the coronavirus in Argentina.
Leo Messi, through his Messi Foundation, is donating €500,000 to the campaign “Together for the Health of Argentina” (Juntos por la Salud Argentina), promoted by the Fundación Garrahan during the Covid-19 pandemic. The money will go to buy PPE (Personal Protective Equipment” for healthcare professionals and for other equipment needed to fight the coronavirus.
Messi stumps up for the fight against Covid-19
The money will be used to acquire respirators, monitors, breathing pumps and computers at the following hospitals: Hospital José María Cullen (Santa Fe), Hospital Provincial del Centenario (Rosario), Hospital de Pediatría Garrahan, Hospital del Bicentenario de Esteban Echeverría (Prov. de Buenos Aires), Hospital de Alta Complejidad Cuenca Alta (Cañuelas, Prov. de Buenos Aires), Hospital Zonal de Agudos Gral. Constituyentes 'Manuel Belgrano' (San Martín, Prov. de Buenos Aires).
Messi has already made several donations to the fight against Covid-19, including a donation of €1 million to hospitals in Barcelona and Argentina.
Te recomendamos en English
- DONALD TRUMP Trump lands in Florida: what will he do next?
- Olympic Games Japan accepts Olympic Games will be cancelled
- CORNELLÀ 0-2 BARCELONA Koeman: "No Barça player should miss two penalties in the same match"
- US NEWS Amazon offer to help Biden administration with Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find him and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates: Biden plan, when could it arrive