Stimulus check US: Last chance to get your $1,200 payment?
The Internal Revenue Service has set up a new deadline for taxpayers who are still waiting on their stimulus payment during the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S.
The Internal Revenue service has been sending out stimulus payments to millions of Americans since mid-April and as of 11 May more than 100 million people have received the payment, which represents more than $200 billion of the $290 billion set aside for the round of payments under the CARES Act approved by President Donald Trump on 22 March.
However, there are many US citizens still waiting to receive their $1,200 payment by mail or by direct deposit and the authorities have announced a deadline for those people who have yet to make their claim. Last Friday, the IRS said that people who are eligible for the stimulus payment and still have not received it have until 13 May to register on the IRS website.
IRS deadline on 13 May
Those who haven’t received the stimulus payment can log in to the “Get My Payment” portal to input direct deposit information to avoid having to wait for a check in the mail, “After noon Wednesday [13 May], the IRS will begin preparing millions of files to send to the Bureau of Fiscal Services for paper checks that will begin arriving through late May and into June,” said the IRS.
Those that miss the deadline will not miss out on the payment, they will just have to wait longer to receive the stimulus check.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history