Last Dance success sees original Air Jordan shoes on auction for $150,000
Original Nike basketball shoes as worn by Michael Jordan for games during the 1985 NBA season are set to be auctioned with a six figure sum expected.
The ESPN/Netflix 'The Last Dance' ten part docu-series which focuses on the powerful untold story of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls NBA dynasty has been a massive global success. The docuseries pays special attention to the 1997/98 season, in which Jordan announced his retirement as the Bulls ran out as NBA champions with a final 4-2 win over the Utah Jazz. The series is packed with previously unseen footage and interviews with Jordan himself along with key figures from the era such as Scottie Pippen, Phil Jackson, Dennis Rodman, and other key players from Chicago’s championship runs.
The success of 'The Last Dance' has seen a new wave of interest in the famous No. 23 with a pair of Nike Air Jordan 1S basketball shoes specially made by the Oregon sportswear brand for Michael Jordan early in his career with the Chicago Bulls now on auction via Sotheby’s.
The bidding is now open through 17 May to coincide with the 35th anniversary of Nike’s launch of Air Jordan sneakers as well as the final episode of The Last Dance and the shoe had a pre-sale estimate of between $100,000 and $150,000. As of Monday afternoon, there were eight bids, with the highest standing at $160,000.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mourinho mocks Real Madrid while discussing "remarkable" Gareth Bale
- Transfer market Messi set for Barcelona stay, Juve, Man Utd eye Ajax's Gravenberch
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid to offer Vinicius and Isco for Paulo Dybala
- Champions League Tuchel: "Are Juventus first in the league? Are Madrid or Barcelona?"
- GAMING NEWS Among Us: how to download and play for free on PC, Mac, mobile
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: how many people could lose the aid if not extended?