Last Dance success sees original Air Jordan shoes on auction for $150,000
Original Nike basketball shoes as worn by Michael Jordan for games during the 1985 NBA season are set to be auctioned with a six figure sum expected.
The ESPN/Netflix 'The Last Dance' ten part docu-series which focuses on the powerful untold story of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls NBA dynasty has been a massive global success. The docuseries pays special attention to the 1997/98 season, in which Jordan announced his retirement as the Bulls ran out as NBA champions with a final 4-2 win over the Utah Jazz. The series is packed with previously unseen footage and interviews with Jordan himself along with key figures from the era such as Scottie Pippen, Phil Jackson, Dennis Rodman, and other key players from Chicago’s championship runs.
The success of 'The Last Dance' has seen a new wave of interest in the famous No. 23 with a pair of Nike Air Jordan 1S basketball shoes specially made by the Oregon sportswear brand for Michael Jordan early in his career with the Chicago Bulls now on auction via Sotheby’s.
The bidding is now open through 17 May to coincide with the 35th anniversary of Nike’s launch of Air Jordan sneakers as well as the final episode of The Last Dance and the shoe had a pre-sale estimate of between $100,000 and $150,000. As of Monday afternoon, there were eight bids, with the highest standing at $160,000.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Kroos says whoever adapts quickest will win LaLiga
- MLS MLS and Players have reached a new agreement to green light the 2020 season
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: what does ‘Need More Information' on IRS Get My Payment tool mean?
- Barcelona Barcelona: Messi could miss the return of LaLiga due to injury