Last Dance success sees original Air Jordan shoes on auction for $150,000
Original Nike basketball shoes as worn by Michael Jordan for games during the 1985 NBA season are set to be auctioned with a six figure sum expected.
The ESPN/Netflix 'The Last Dance' ten part docu-series which focuses on the powerful untold story of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls NBA dynasty has been a massive global success. The docuseries pays special attention to the 1997/98 season, in which Jordan announced his retirement as the Bulls ran out as NBA champions with a final 4-2 win over the Utah Jazz. The series is packed with previously unseen footage and interviews with Jordan himself along with key figures from the era such as Scottie Pippen, Phil Jackson, Dennis Rodman, and other key players from Chicago’s championship runs.
The success of 'The Last Dance' has seen a new wave of interest in the famous No. 23 with a pair of Nike Air Jordan 1S basketball shoes specially made by the Oregon sportswear brand for Michael Jordan early in his career with the Chicago Bulls now on auction via Sotheby’s.
The bidding is now open through 17 May to coincide with the 35th anniversary of Nike’s launch of Air Jordan sneakers as well as the final episode of The Last Dance and the shoe had a pre-sale estimate of between $100,000 and $150,000. As of Monday afternoon, there were eight bids, with the highest standing at $160,000.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?