Besiktas confirm 8 positives after coronavirus testing
It's believed that club president and Ahmet Nur Cebi and veteran striker Burak Yilmaz are among the individuals who tested positive.
Istanbul based Besiktas have been badly hit as the Turkish Super Lig aims for a June restart after the club confirmed that coronavirus testing across the entire squad and club employees showed up eight positive cases.
Club president Ahmet Nur Cebi is one of the eight along with striker Burak Yilmaz. The news was broken by club medic Tekin Kerem Ülkü who stated: "According to the results of the tests of the Covid-19 test, positives were detected in eight people. The process of monitoring and treatment of these people who have positive test results have started immediately according to the relevant procedures".
The president of the Turkish Football Federation (TFF), Nihat Ozdemir, confirmed last week that the Turkish Super Lig will resume play on June 12, with all football activities in the country having been suspended on March 18 as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo looking to achieve goal-scoring holy grail
- MLS MLS is back tournament changes as players test positive for coronavirus
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester City player ratings vs Arsenal
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- ATLÉTICO Atlético Madrid's stadium finally demolished: The last days of the Vicente Calderón