Coronavirus: Renan Lodi returns to training with Atlético Madrid
Atlético Madrid posted a short video on social media of Brazilian defender Renan Lodi, who had tested positive for coronavirus, back in training on Friday.
Renan Lodi returned to training with Atlético Madrid on Friday, and declared that he feels very good after a delayed return. Diego Simeone's squad resumed duties at the club's training complex last Saturday, though the Brazilian was absent amid media speculation he had tested positive for coronavirus.
Lodi salutes you!
Atleti made no official announcement but seemed to confirm the story by posting a picture of the absent left-back on Twitter with the caption: "Renan Lodi salutes you from home. See you soon on the pitch!"
However, media reports in Spain say the defender has since returned two negative test results for Covid-19, clearing him to make a comeback. Lodi appeared in a short film posted by the club on social media on Friday, the player wearing gloves and a mask as he made his way out for training.
Atlético are preparing for a resumption to the suspended 2019-20 campaign, with LaLiga president Javier Tebas aiming for a 12 June restart to the top flight. Spain has been hit particularly hard during the global pandemic, with over 27,000 coronavirus-related deaths in the country.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics are returning in Tokyo 2021?
- NFL NFL's new Covid protocol has Hopkins considering retirement
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: competition schedule: dates, times, events, sports
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING When did Michael Phelps retire? How many medals did he win?
- CORONAVIRUS How dangerous is the delta variant to children and young people?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?