Cristiano Ronaldo's gear shift for the Champions League – Chiellini
Cristiano Ronaldo lifts himself for the Champions League, according to Juventus team-mate Giorgio Chiellini.
Giorgio Chiellini praised Cristiano Ronaldo and said the Juventus star went to another level when it came to the Champions League.
Cristiano's UCL gear shift
Chasing a first Champions League title since 1996, Juve were in the last 16 – having lost the first leg away to Lyon 1-0 – when the season was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Ronaldo, 35, became the first player to win the Champions League five times when he helped Real Madrid claim the title in 2018.
Chiellini said the Portugal international raised his level when it came to Europe's elite club competition.
"Cristiano is doing well even though he had that knee problem that slowed him down for a month and a half," he told Christian Vieri during an Instagram Live chat on Friday.
"He changed the way he played compared to when he was younger. He is enhanced with the big games.
"Maybe against the small teams he makes a performance that seems subdued. With the big ones, he is incredible.
"In the Champions League, he turns. He feels it coming and he turns the engine up."
Ronaldo has scored 25 goals in 32 games for Juventus this season, including two in seven in the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Kroos says whoever adapts quickest will win LaLiga
- MLS MLS and Players have reached a new agreement to green light the 2020 season
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: what does ‘Need More Information' on IRS Get My Payment tool mean?
- Barcelona Barcelona: Messi could miss the return of LaLiga due to injury