Barcelona want Ajax right-back Dest - transfer talk
Ajax's United States international Sergiño Dest is in the frame to join Barcelona, the Catalan daily Sport has reported.
Have Barcelona found their new Dani Alves? According to a report in the Catalan media, the Camp Nou club have identified Ajax's Sergino Dest as the long-term solution to their problematic right-back spot.
Despite his inexperience, it seems the 19-year-old could command a sizeable, eight-figure sum.
TOP STORY – DEST THE BEST FOR BARÇA
Nelson Semedo's proposed move to either Manchester City or Juventus looks set to pave the way for Barça to bring in a highly-rated new right-back.
And the Blaugrana know exactly what it will take to land their preferred target: 20 million euros.
That is the fee newspaper Sport suggests will be enough to secure United States defender Dest when the transfer window reopens.
The Dutch-born full-back, who spurned Netherlands' interest in his international future, only recently graduated from Ajax's youth set-up, making 15 Eredivisie starts before the coronavirus pandemic curtailed his breakthrough 2019-20 campaign.
- AC Milan are interested in Freiburg centre-back Robin Koch but the Rossoneri could face competition from Serie A rivals Napoli, claims CalcioMercato.
- Heading across town and Inter appear more interested in attacking reinforcements amid the uncertainty surrounding Lautaro Martínez. La Repubblica suggests the Nerazzurri are on the cusp of agreeing personal terms with Napoli forward Dries Mertens, who will become a free agent on 30 June.
- Is a transfer battle brewing in Manchester? The Sun claims City boss Pep Guardiola wants to beat crosstown rivals United to Argentine attacking midfielder Thiago Almada, the promising Vélez product said to be viewed as the successor to David Silva.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and United could encounter more transfer frustration if Aston Villa continue to stand firm over their Jack Grealish valuation. According to the Mirror, relegation-threatened Villa are not prepared to budge on their £80m asking price.
- Ligue 1 heavyweights Paris Saint-Germain could move for experienced former Arsenal right-back Mathieu Debuchy, now of Saint-Étienne, to replace the out-of-contract Thomas Meunier, reports Le10Sport.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Spain could draw Brazil or Argentina at Tokyo Olympics
- REAL MADRID Hazard, Asensio, Vinicius: Zidane faces selection headache as Belgian nears return
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leipzig star Konaté responds to Liverpool rumours
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: how are negotiations going and when will it be discussed in the Senate?
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS tax refunds on $10,200 in unemployment benefits: when it's coming?
- US News: Coronavirus What are the maximum unemployment benefits per state?