Coronavirus: Hertha players warned about goal celebrations
Though Bruno Labbadia defended his Hertha Berlin players for the way they celebrated a goal, Peter Bosz does not want to see a repeat.
Peter Bosz understood why Hertha Berlin's players celebrated in close proximity on Saturday, but the Bayer Leverkusen boss is keen not to see a repeat while the Bundesliga remains under strict protocols after a closed door restart no 16 May due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Bundesliga returned in empty stadiums on Saturday after a two-month hiatus, with Hertha recording a 3-0 victory at Hoffenheim.
However, while precautions were taken in the games - including mask-wearing substitutes sitting significant distances apart from one another - there was no social distancing being observed when Dedryck Boyata appeared to plant a kiss on the cheek of Marko Grujic after one of the goals.
The German Football League (DFL) has confirmed it will not sanction players for celebrating, though it has offered recommended guidance on the matter, and Bosz wants players to avoid letting emotions get the better of them.
Bosz: "Next time, I don't think they'll do it that way"
"In the beginning we talked about emotions and they are part of football," he said at his news conference to preview Leverkusen's trip to Werder Bremen on Monday.
"I can imagine that when Hertha scores at Hoffenheim, that they want to celebrate. They must not do it this way. I know that.
"Next time, I don't think they'll do it that way. But goals are emotional moments in which they may have forgotten. "You're not allowed to do that, but I can imagine that it happens from time to time."
Bruno Labbadia, who was taking charge of his first game at the Hertha helm, had suggested that the frequency of testing meant his players should be allowed to celebrate in such a manner.
"Celebrating goals is part of football. We have been tested so often that I think you can allow it," Labbadia said. "It would be a shame if you weren't allowed to celebrate any more.
"I hope people out there understand it. It is just a recommendation [from the DFL] to hold back.
"We have tested negative six times, most recently on Friday. Emotions are part of the game, otherwise we don't need to play it."
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Augusta Masters 2021 Day 3 live online | scores and leaderboard | Matsuyama leads at -11
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: until when will the new "plus-up" payments be sent?
- REAL MADRID 2 - 1 BARCELONA Real Madrid ratings in Clásico against Barcelona
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid ahead of Barcelona in Clásicos won: 98-96
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid - Barcelona: what are their next matches and how many points are left?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker