Arsenal: Lacazette to face inquest over nitrous oxide balloon
Arsenal say they are taking allegations by a UK tabloid that the France striker inhaled nitrous oxide "seriously" and will deal with the matter internally.
Alexandre Lacazette could face disciplinary action from Arsenal after footage emerged of the striker seemingly inhaling from a balloon.
The Daily Star posted a video of the France striker appearing to inhale with a balloon to his mouth, claiming he was using nitrous oxide.
It is alleged that the 28-year-old wrote in a text to friends "at home, chilling and doing balloons”.
Lacazette was among a group of Arsenal players who were warned by the London club 18 months ago after they were seen taking in nitrous oxide at a London nightclub.
Arsenal taking Lacazette incident "seriously"
The former Lyon forward looks set to have more questions to answer as the Premier League side wait to discover if and when the season can resume, having been on hiatus since March due to the coronavirus crisis.
An Arsenal spokesperson said: "This is a private matter which we are taking seriously. It will be handled internally."
Lacazette has scored nine goals in all competitions this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest