Bundesliga: Bayern Munich's Lewandowski reaches 40-goal mark for fifth straight season
Robert Lewandowski joined Bayern Munich from Borussia Dortmund in 2014, and the Polish striker is now consistently hitting the 40-goal mark.
Robert Lewandowski reached 40 goals for the fifth successive season when he put Bayern Munich 1-0 ahead at Union Berlin on Sunday, his first strike of the coronavirus interrupted Bundesliga season and a new personal benchmark for the Poland international.
The Bundesliga's most prolific striker made no mistake with a penalty late in the first half, after Leon Goretzka was hacked down in the 39th minute by Neven Subotic. Bayern won the game 2-0 as Benjamin Pavard added a second late on.
Lewandowski breaks the 40-mark again
40 - Robert Lewandowski has now scored 40+ goals in all competitions in each of the last five seasons:— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) May 17, 2020
15-16 | 42 in 51 apps
16-17 | 43 in 47 apps
17-18 | 41 in 48 apps
18-19 | 40 in 47 apps
19-20 | 40 in 34 apps*
It took him to 40 goals from just 34 appearances in 2019-20, with Lewandowski again proving his value to the reigning German champions.
Since netting a relatively modest 25 goals in his first season at Bayern in 2014-15, the Poland star has notched successive hauls of 42, 43, 41, 40 and Sunday's spot-kick took him to another 40, with the promise of more to come in 2019-20.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Augusta Masters 2021 Day 3 live online | scores and leaderboard | Matsuyama leads at -11
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: until when will the new "plus-up" payments be sent?
- REAL MADRID 2 - 1 BARCELONA Real Madrid ratings in Clásico against Barcelona
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid ahead of Barcelona in Clásicos won: 98-96
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid - Barcelona: what are their next matches and how many points are left?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker