Tebas: "I hope we can play games on Monday nights too"
The head of LaLiga spoke to #Vamos stating measures in place make it "practically impossible" for virus to spread in training sessions.
For the second Sunday in a row, head of LaLiga Javier Tebas was a special guest on the 'El Partidazo de Movistar' television show on the #Vamos channel where he analysed the future return of competitive games. Tebas stated: "The idea will be to stage games on every day of the week and this won't be a problem in completing the outstanding fixtures if we play games on a Monday too. I've made this point to the Spanish FA that the concerns traditionally relating to fans doesn't apply in the current context and my hope is that fans of LaLiga around the world can enjoy top flight football every day of the week".
Tebas added the situation regarding the de-escalation of lockdown in each autonomous region was key to a potential 12 June restart and admitted that despite being concerned about players testing positive admitted that in the current situation at training this was almost impossible.
🚨Javier Tebas en #Vamos— Isaac Fouto (@isaacfouto) May 17, 2020
🗣”Trabajamos en volver desde el 12 junio. Queremos volver cuanto antes y estamos pendientes de que Sanidad nos autorice”
🗣”Espero poder jugar todos los días, incluido el lunes. Antes era un problema de público que ahora no existe”
The provinces of Madrid and Barcelona are currently in phase zero of the state of emergency but it's anticipated that restrictions will ease in these areas by the time of the tentative LaLiga restart date.
Te recomendamos en English
- Neymar Injured Neymar out for PSG and doubtful for Brazil
- REAL MADRID - HUESCA Real Madrid squad named for Huesca visit
- Barcelona Koeman cannot avoid Barcelona presidency talk as he attempts to focus players
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?
- UNITED STATES Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- DISNEY+ Star Wars The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?