Tebas: "I hope we can play games on Monday nights too"
The head of LaLiga spoke to #Vamos stating measures in place make it "practically impossible" for virus to spread in training sessions.
For the second Sunday in a row, head of LaLiga Javier Tebas was a special guest on the 'El Partidazo de Movistar' television show on the #Vamos channel where he analysed the future return of competitive games. Tebas stated: "The idea will be to stage games on every day of the week and this won't be a problem in completing the outstanding fixtures if we play games on a Monday too. I've made this point to the Spanish FA that the concerns traditionally relating to fans doesn't apply in the current context and my hope is that fans of LaLiga around the world can enjoy top flight football every day of the week".
Tebas added the situation regarding the de-escalation of lockdown in each autonomous region was key to a potential 12 June restart and admitted that despite being concerned about players testing positive admitted that in the current situation at training this was almost impossible.
🚨Javier Tebas en #Vamos— Isaac Fouto (@isaacfouto) May 17, 2020
🗣”Trabajamos en volver desde el 12 junio. Queremos volver cuanto antes y estamos pendientes de que Sanidad nos autorice”
🗣”Espero poder jugar todos los días, incluido el lunes. Antes era un problema de público que ahora no existe”
The provinces of Madrid and Barcelona are currently in phase zero of the state of emergency but it's anticipated that restrictions will ease in these areas by the time of the tentative LaLiga restart date.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: why could it be unlikely?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Veteran third stimulus check: when is it arriving & how much?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin pleads the Fifth Amendment: what is it, and what are the defendant’s rights when they invoke it?
- US NEWS A new proposal to revamp unemployment systems and increase benefits announced
- NBA Dallas' Doncic on game-winning three-pointer: "Those are the best feelings ever"
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Tokyo Olympics cancellation remains an option, says top Japanese politician