Hazard: “I feel very good to be back on the pitch with my team mates"
After his first group training session since February, the 29-year-old Belgian star spoke to the Real Madrid's official media channels to discuss his return.
Following his long recovery after ankle surgery in Dallas on 5 March, Eden Hazard is back in training with his Real Madrid team mates, who, like the rest of LaLiga clubs, have been permitted to train in groups of up to 10 people as of this Monday.
After his first group training session since February, the 29-year-old Belgian star spoke to the club’s official media channels to discuss his return.
“I feel very good to be back on the pitch working with my teammates. Now we have to wait for the matches to come, but I' m very happy. After two months away I need more physical work and more ball work. I just want to be ready for the next game,” said Hazard.
Hazard acknowledges a lot of work to do
The Belgian winger, however, acknowledged that he still has a lot of work to do to get back to match fitness: "After two months away I need more physical work and more ball work. I just want to be ready for the next game."
He added: "Now the training sessions are better. We can train more as we like. The first week was a bit strange, but now we can train again in a group and with the goalkeepers as well, so it's more like we want. Now what we want is to be all together and try to work as a group.”
Both the coaching staff and squad are delighted with Hazard’s progress, knowing that any chances of success this season will be given a major boost by his return to the pitch.
Shortly before returning to Madrid’s Valdebebas training ground, the 29-year-old forward had begun working with the ball at home and although he has yet to recover his spark, something to which game time will be key, optimism surrounding the Belgian is high at the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS $300 weekly unemployment benefits: situation in states across the US
- US ELECTIONS 2020 US Election 2020: how many people have voted so far vs 2016
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett confirmed to Supreme Court, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online