Hazard: “I feel very good to be back on the pitch with my team mates"
After his first group training session since February, the 29-year-old Belgian star spoke to the Real Madrid's official media channels to discuss his return.
Following his long recovery after ankle surgery in Dallas on 5 March, Eden Hazard is back in training with his Real Madrid team mates, who, like the rest of LaLiga clubs, have been permitted to train in groups of up to 10 people as of this Monday.
After his first group training session since February, the 29-year-old Belgian star spoke to the club’s official media channels to discuss his return.
“I feel very good to be back on the pitch working with my teammates. Now we have to wait for the matches to come, but I' m very happy. After two months away I need more physical work and more ball work. I just want to be ready for the next game,” said Hazard.
Hazard acknowledges a lot of work to do
The Belgian winger, however, acknowledged that he still has a lot of work to do to get back to match fitness: "After two months away I need more physical work and more ball work. I just want to be ready for the next game."
He added: "Now the training sessions are better. We can train more as we like. The first week was a bit strange, but now we can train again in a group and with the goalkeepers as well, so it's more like we want. Now what we want is to be all together and try to work as a group.”
Both the coaching staff and squad are delighted with Hazard’s progress, knowing that any chances of success this season will be given a major boost by his return to the pitch.
Shortly before returning to Madrid’s Valdebebas training ground, the 29-year-old forward had begun working with the ball at home and although he has yet to recover his spark, something to which game time will be key, optimism surrounding the Belgian is high at the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Kroos says whoever adapts quickest will win LaLiga
- MLS MLS and Players have reached a new agreement to green light the 2020 season
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: what does ‘Need More Information' on IRS Get My Payment tool mean?
- Barcelona Barcelona: Messi could miss the return of LaLiga due to injury