Neymar to stay at PSG despite Barcelona interest, says ex-agent
Neymar has been linked with a return to Barcelona, but the Brazil international's former agent says he will stay at Paris Saint-Germain.
Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar will remain with the Ligue 1 giants despite Barcelona's reported interest, according to his former agent.
"Neymar will stay at PSG because the market is different"
Neymar, 28, has been linked with a return to Barcelona, almost three years after leaving to join PSG for a world-record 222 million euros.
But his former agent, Wagner Ribeiro, feels the Brazil international will stay at PSG due to the financial challenges posed to clubs during the coronavirus pandemic.
"I think Neymar will stay at PSG because the market is different," he told Fox Sports on Tuesday. "The economic world of football will change."
eu indo pro primeiro jogo depois da quarentena pic.twitter.com/a3cEdaa79d— Neymar Jr (@neymarjr) May 18, 2020
Real Madrid chief "told me that he had a dream to sign Neymar"
Neymar has also previously been linked to Barcelona's fierce rivals Real Madrid.
Ribeiro confirmed Madrid had previously been interested in Neymar, thanks to president Florentino Pérez.
"I have been in Madrid several times because the objective of Florentino Pérez was to recruit Neymar," he said. "Last year, in May, I was with him in his office. He told me that he had a dream to sign Neymar."
Te recomendamos en English
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK When could there be a new stimulus payment according to the experts?
- BARCELONA Official: Depay signs for Barcelona until June 2023
- FOOTBALL Kevin De Bruyne not too concerned by eye injury
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Mann 'not surprised' after taking Clippers to first Conference Final
- MLB Ohtani goes into Home Run Derby mode with two homers
- Euro 2020 Giroud makes history by gaining 100th cap for France