Seoul fined by K League over 'sex doll' fans
The K League said Seoul's mistake "greatly insulted and hurt female and family fans".
Seoul have been issued with a 100million won (€74,000) fine after what they said was a mix-up led them to use sex dolls to fill the space in their empty stadium.
Sex dolls to provide atmosphere
The club mistakenly used the mannequins to fill seats during Sunday's 1-0 win over Gwangju in K League, which has returned behind closed doors amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Seoul apologised for what they labelled "an inexcusable mistake".
Mix-up in doll order
Explaining the error, which saw the mannequins supposedly hold up advertising signs for adult streaming sites, the club said the faux pas was down to a mix-up with the manufacturer.
Announcing the sanction in a statement, the K League said: "The disciplinary committee decided to take heavy disciplinary action considering the graveness of the incident, caused by the 'real doll', that has greatly insulted and hurt female and family fans and to prevent similar incidents going forward."
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Kroos says whoever adapts quickest will win LaLiga
- MLS MLS and Players have reached a new agreement to green light the 2020 season
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: what does ‘Need More Information' on IRS Get My Payment tool mean?
- Barcelona Barcelona: Messi could miss the return of LaLiga due to injury