Seoul fined by K League over 'sex doll' fans
The K League said Seoul's mistake "greatly insulted and hurt female and family fans".
Seoul have been issued with a 100million won (€74,000) fine after what they said was a mix-up led them to use sex dolls to fill the space in their empty stadium.
Sex dolls to provide atmosphere
The club mistakenly used the mannequins to fill seats during Sunday's 1-0 win over Gwangju in K League, which has returned behind closed doors amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Seoul apologised for what they labelled "an inexcusable mistake".
Mix-up in doll order
Explaining the error, which saw the mannequins supposedly hold up advertising signs for adult streaming sites, the club said the faux pas was down to a mix-up with the manufacturer.
Announcing the sanction in a statement, the K League said: "The disciplinary committee decided to take heavy disciplinary action considering the graveness of the incident, caused by the 'real doll', that has greatly insulted and hurt female and family fans and to prevent similar incidents going forward."
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Augusta Masters 2021 Day 3 live online | scores and leaderboard | Matsuyama leads at -11
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: until when will the new "plus-up" payments be sent?
- REAL MADRID 2 - 1 BARCELONA Real Madrid ratings in Clásico against Barcelona
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid ahead of Barcelona in Clásicos won: 98-96
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid - Barcelona: what are their next matches and how many points are left?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker