Luis Enrique: "Football without fans is like dancing with your sister"
Spain manager Luis Enrique was one of the guests on YouTube basketball show "Colgados del aro" and analysed the gradual return of football.
Spain national team manager Luis Enrique was one of the special guests on the latest episode of basketball YouTube channel "Colgados del aro" with the Asturian coach being asked for his opinion on the return of football as certain countries ease lockdown restrictions.
As a player: "I would have been keen to get back to playing as soon as possible and would have had no fear. On a personal level, I'm not worried about the virus but aware that there could be an impact on older people and those susceptible to greater suffering. As a coach, I'm as equally anxious for football to return".
Behind closed doors games: "It's sadder than dancing with your own sister. I saw some games from Germany over the weekend and it's a sad sight. You can hear everything and the intimacy of the better moments is lost. We have to remember, I guess that this is big business and I understand that with football back, it may serve as a way of helping people in dealing with confinement. Watching football and basketball in these circumstances is certainly odd"
Euro 2020: "It's been moved to next year and there is still an air of uncertainty about everything. This new situation with everything shrouded in doutb is something we'll have to deal with. We're waiting for football to return and later down the line, plan a few friendly games. In principal, the Spanish national side should have a few games in September, but only when it's safe to stage these. At present there are other more important matters a-foot so we just need to be patient".
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Kroos says whoever adapts quickest will win LaLiga
- MLS MLS and Players have reached a new agreement to green light the 2020 season
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: what does ‘Need More Information' on IRS Get My Payment tool mean?
- Barcelona Barcelona: Messi could miss the return of LaLiga due to injury