Liverpool: Amazing Alisson leaves Lonergan lost for words
Brazil international Alisson is the best goalkeeper in the world, no question about it, says his Liverpool team mate Andy Lonergan.
Liverpool's third choice goalkeeper Andy Lonergan admits that he struggles to find words to describe how brillant his team-mate Alisson Becker is. The Reds broke the world transfer record for a goalkeeper in 2018 when they signed the Brazil international from Roma for a fee that could reach 72.5 million euros. The 27-year-old has proved to be a sound investment, though, helping Jürgen Klopp's side to lift the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup last year and to the brink of adding the 2019-20 Premier League title to those successes this year.
Lonergan, who was signed last August on an initial short-term deal when Alisson suffered a calf injury, says training alongside the man he thinks is the world's best goalkeeper has been a joy.
Back at Melwood, ready for another day pic.twitter.com/a9HpmMJBUh— Liverpool FC (at ) (@LFC) May 23, 2020
Alisson, brilliant keeper
"You watch him on a Saturday or in the Champions League and you think he is brilliant, but there's just so much more to it than that. He's technically the best," Lonergan told LFCTV. "Everything he does is the best, but his mentality and his sort of calmness... I can't put into words how good he is. It's just a joy to be part of the squad that he's involved in."
Lonergan was delighted to return to Melwood this week as Liverpool resumed staggered training sessions as part of plans to see the Premier League get back underway next month. "It's been brilliant," he said. "It's obviously strange with the procedures that you have to go through to get on to the training pitch, but once you are on the pitch as goalkeepers you are working at a distance and it's safe enough anyway, so it's back to normal. No settling-in period, just straight into it."
Te recomendamos en English
- GEORGE FLOYD Police in Miami and New York take the knee for George Floyd
- GEORGE FLOYD Anonymous: who are they and why are they threatening Trump?
- Serie A Tonali: Juventus, Inter, Barcelona and PSG interested in Brescia star
- George Floyd George Floyd protests: what is ANTIFA and who is behind it?
- GEORGE FLOYD | ANONYMOUS Anonymous: Donald Trump and Naomi Campbell named in Epstein ring
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd death in Minneapolis, live updates: police, riots and protests across US