Barcelona can't afford Lautaro Martinez - Zamorano
Lautaro Martinez has been strongly linked with a move to Barcelona, but Ivan Zamorano is certain the striker will remain with Inter.
Barcelona are not in a finacially robust position to sign Inter strker Lautaro Martinez, according to former Nerazzurri star, Ivan Zamorano
Argentina international Martinez is reportedly a target for Barca and LaLiga rivals Real Madrid after scoring 18 times in 33 appearances this campaign.
Inter are rumoured to have already considered Paris Saint-Germain's Edinson Cavani as a replacement, but Zamorano "has no doubt" Martinez will still be at San Siro next season due to the financial constraints caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Zamarono hopes on Inter stay for Martinez
"I really hope Lautaro stays at Inter. He is a young guy, 22 years old; Cavani is 11 years older and has enormous experience in different clubs. But Cavani's arrival has nothing to do with the sale of Lautaro," he told Mexican broadcaster MisionTUDN.
"Barcelona have economic problems that don't allow them to sign Lautaro, so in my opinion he'll stay, I have no doubt.
"Cavani can be an alternative to the starters. There are many rumours - [Alexis] Sanchez will return to Manchester United and Cavani can occupy that space in the forward department."
Speculation Martinez could be on his way to Barca has gathered pace with suggestions from Carlos Blanco, the president of Martinez's first club, that a deal is "practically done".
Zamorano is adamant a transfer will not go through, however, even if Arturo Vidal is offered to Inter in a player-plus-cash exchange.
"I guarantee that Lautaro is the future of Inter," he added. "Barcelona must put €100million on the table, which is the least that Inter has asked for Lautaro.
"[Antonio] Conte likes Vidal very much, for sure, but first they have to offer €100million."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?