Haaland betters Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi's goal stats
Erling Haaland has scored 62 goals in 106 professional games, a figure that took Cristiano Ronaldo 233 matches and Lionel Messi 132 fixtures.
Erling Braut Haaland has emerged as a genuine contender for the throne of Europe’s most prolific goalscorer, a position held undisputedly by Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi for the past decade. The Borussia Dortmund forward has outscored both the Juventus and Barcelona talismans at the same age – just shy of his 20th birthday – in fewer matches and with a greater goals-per-game ratio.
Haaland streets ahead of 20-year-old Cristiano
Goals-per-game ratio at 19 years and 10 months
Since signing for Dortmund in January, Haaland has failed to score in just four Bundesliga games and at the age of 19 years and 10 months he has a record of 62 goals in 106 club games. At the same age, the prolific Ronaldo had scored just 12 times in 87 matches. Haaland’s goals-per-game ratio as it stands is 0.53 a game, compared to the Portuguese’s 0.13 at the same age.
Bayern Munich manager Hansi Flick described Haaland as “greedy, enormous and yet very agile” ahead of the trip to Dortmund on Tuesday and that single-mindedness for goal coupled with his prodigious physique had made the Norway striker a terrible prospect for defenders.
Haaland has even bettered Messi’s returns at the same stage of his career: the Barcelona forward had scored 20 goals in 63 games at the same age at a rate of 0.31 per game.
Haaland on Real Madrid's agenda
First 62 goals at club level
Little wonder that Real Madrid see Haaland as the long-term replacement for Ronaldo and the Portuguese’s guarantee of 40-odd goals a season. A pact with Dortmund and ubiquitous super-agent Mino Raiola is believed to exist whereby the Norwegian will remain at the Bundesliga side until 2022 and then be offered to the highest bidder. Madrid will certainly aim to be at that negotiating table.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why has Trump taken executive action?
- Coronavirus Night curfew extended in East Khasi Hills until 17 August
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: who is Paul Vallone, the Democrat who says hydroxychloroquine saved his life?
- Coronavirus Trump executive orders: what will happen with student loan payments?
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Lebanese court investigating Beirut port explosion