Atlético Madrid confirm João Félix knee injury
LaLiga is set to resume in mid-June and Atleti's star acquisition João Félix has sustained a problem, with the forward having picked up a knee injury.
Atlético Madrid's João Félix could be set for a spell on the sidelines after sustaining an injury to the medial collateral ligament of his left knee.
Félix suffers 'low-grade sprain'
LaLiga club Atleti revealed on Monday that their club-record signing had undergone tests at the University of Navarra Clinic, with the results confirming he had suffered a low-grade sprain.
Atleti will now be hoping the youngster is fit in time for the resumption of LaLiga, which looks set to restart on June 11.
On Saturday, Spanish prime minister Pedro Sanchez confirmed that the league had been given permission to resume behind closed doors following the coronavirus-enforced suspension.
 INJURY UPDATE @joaofelix70 suffers a low grade medial collateral ligament left knee sprain. The Portuguese international is pending response to treatment.— Atlético de Madrid (@atletienglish) May 25, 2020
Joao Felix has made 28 appearances so far for Atleti in all competitions, with the former Benfica forward scoring six goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- DONALD TRUMP Trump lands in Florida: what will he do next?
- Olympic Games Japan accepts Olympic Games will be cancelled
- CORNELLÀ 0-2 BARCELONA Koeman: "No Barça player should miss two penalties in the same match"
- US NEWS Amazon offer to help Biden administration with Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find him and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates: Biden plan, when could it arrive