Inter Milan financial backer talks up move for Werner and Cavani
Marco Tronchetti – CEO of Pirelli who are Inter's shirt sponsor – advised the Nerazzurri to chase Timo Werner and Edinson Cavani.
Pirelli chief executive Marco Tronchetti wants Inter to sign RB Leipzig star Timo Werner and Paris Saint-Germain's Edinson Cavani amid doubts over Lautaro Martinez.
Werner and Cavani desires
Inter forward Martinez has been heavily linked to LaLiga champions Barcelona, who have reportedly identified the Argentina international as a long-term replacement for Luis Suarez.
| GOOD AFTERNOON...— Inter (@Inter_en) May 25, 2020
... from the beautiful city of Milan pic.twitter.com/pCO2SJ1V9v
Tronchetti – CEO of Pirelli who are Inter's shirt sponsor – advised the Nerazzurri to chase Werner and Cavani.
"For example, we left Inter with a 'regista' who was supposed to change the team in [Christian] Eriksen," Tronchetti told Gr Parlamento.
"Cavani's been able to do extraordinary things and I hope he can repeat them in Nerazzurro. In Serie A there are other expert players, above all Cristiano Ronaldo, who are proving to be great champions. Age is not a limit, he [Cavani] can be a good choice.
"It's clear that selling Lautaro would hurt, but with Cavani and Werner we could be stronger than with Lautaro and [Mauro] Icardi, especially if Eriksen returns to his Tottenham form."
Martinez had scored 16 goals in 31 matches across all competitions before the season was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Werner bagged a hat-trick for Leipzig in their 5-0 rout of Mainz in the Bundesliga on Sunday, taking his tally for the season to 30 goals in 38 appearances.
Cavani – who has been linked to LaLiga's Atlético Madrid and clubs in MLS – had netted four Ligue 1 goals in 14 games before PSG were declared champions after the season was cut short.
The 33-year-old forward scored seven goals in all competitions for PSG in 2019-20.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem